Thursday, August 4, 2011

Washington National Game

I'm on a mission to see every sporting venue by the time I die. The main venues I am trying to accomplish are NFL and MLB. Maggie and I decided to goto Washington D.C. for a weekend and it just so happened that the Washington Nationals were playing at home. This Washington National game is number 3 for me in MLB. The game was the Nationals vs the Mets. The Mets won 8 to 5. Something funny happened as we left the metro walking to the ballpark. Of course there are always scalpers at these kind of games, either wanting or trying to sell tickets. As soon as we came out of the metro they were yelling the usual, but then a police car came up the road and they did an immediate turn around and tried to discretely sell tickets by covering there mouths. It was kind of funny because it was such a quick change from them that you don't see very often. Our seats were awesome! They were 3 rows back from the field behide the firstbase. I caught a foul ball from Danny Espinosa the National's second baseman. I was somehow able to catch it with someone in front and behind me going for it as well. We also got to see the famous Presidential Run. The National's mascots are Washington, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Jefferson. In each game, they run around the field to see who wins. This time it was Jefferson by a slight margin. See the picture below.

1 comment: