Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Outer Banks

My mom decided to come down and visit me for a week after her work was finished. We decided to go to the beach and North Carolina is known for the Outer Banks. So that is where we went. We stayed in Kill Devil Hills and our hotel was within walking distance to the beach. It was perfect weather, warm water and beautiful beaches. We brought Penne along and to our knowledge this was the first time she has been to the beach. She didn't exactly love it and refused multiple times to go near the water. This doesn't surprise me considering the way she runs away when I try to give her a bath. On the second day, we went down the coast to Cape Hatteras. Mom and I both climbed all 267 steps to the top. It was rough climbing up but the views were well worth it. On the drive back up we also saw Bode Lighthouse. Overall, it was a great trip! Thanks Mom for going with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment